Run your whole house on Solar Power
“We’ve been thinking about solar panels for a while,” said homeowner Stephan Goulding. “We like to recycle.So, we like the fact that it’s going green.”
This could be a busy time for the Solar panel providers in the US as Solar Energy Industries Association reported a 67% growth in the solar power market last year also with an 8% drop in the cost of home installations.
SRECS FOR THE GREEN STUFF!!! MONEY OFF IN THIS CASE.
If you don’t know what SRECS are : Solar Renewable Energy Credit
These are available in the USA and only in certain states but they are a great way for you to help pay your electricity bill.
For every megawatt-hour of power generated by the solar panels, a homeowner is given one Solar Renewable Energy Credit which they can use against their actually electricity bill.(Like I said , off the grid.. kinda)
So basically the power you generate from your panels is sent direct to the electricity company who then give you a discount on your bill.
A little example:
Mr. Goulding’s solar panels will provide close to seven SREC‘s per year. Where he lives,the going rate per SREC is $200. Annually thats $1400 close to the amount Mr Goulding spends on his electricity.
Does this mean he now lives in a Green house?.. (sorry for the bad joke)
For those of you who do live in the states, you can get up to 30% funding form from your state to help you go green.
Imagine all house’s in the US has a setup half the size of Mr gouldings, what a change to the environment!
- Saving a garden First off, I do not have a green thumb, but if I know what a plant needs or find the right spot for it, it grows in spite of me. I can successfully grow violets in a couple of my windows. They have flowered for years despite spotty fertilizing and......
- Here Comes the Sun A report on Solar Power states that the cost of solar panels (photovoltaic) had come down to $4 per watt by 2005. So, a $4000 panel will produce a kilowatt of power. I've read that, while it varies by region, 1600 hours of good sun is an average annual number......
- Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Solar Power For Homes Solar power for homes will reduce your electricity bills, and sometimes even totally eliminate them. Make no mistake, solar power for homes is a brilliant and easy way to make your own electricity and thereby reduce your electricity bills.There are lots of guides on the internet to teach you how......
- Solar Power A Must for Homes Going green' is the trend these days since the world is facing a lot of environmental problems specifically global warming. Electricity comes from fossil fuels which are being burned. The emissions contribute a lot to global warming and one way to address this issue is by using solar power......
- Green Electric Hybrid Vehicle In this day and age, especially with cities becoming so clogged with buildings, homes and people, having a vehicle is a necessity. Being able to get around is difficult without some method of transportation, and for that reason, it has become quite common for people to have at least one......